Monday, October 11, 2010

# 68 - Daily Yogic Schedule

A typical day begins with six supine stretches, cold eyewash with eyelids open, three OMs of varying combos under a cold shower, and one uddiyana bandha routine that I attempt to hold for 30 seconds. Formal practice includes three rounds of sun salutation, basic breath control (lower abdomen/ chest/ throat) to revive and rejuvenate the insides, and a flowing circuit of simple stretches that consistently target major muscles, glands, and organs. At the end of it all, I treat myself to the queen of all yoga postures – the ubiquitous shoulder stand, holding times for which fluctuate between 2 and 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to incorporate these into my daily routine! Minus the 20 minute shoulder stand. Happy Stretching =^)

    ReplyDelete